Post-TC1 strategizin'

Adam Williamson awilliam at
Thu Aug 4 00:41:09 UTC 2011

I thought it'd be a good idea to take a step back and plan a strategy
for post-Alpha TC1.

We're in trouble for Alpha; we're a long way behind schedule, and we
have a lot of blocker bugs remaining. TC1 is in pretty bad shape.

By policy, we can't call a build an RC until all known blockers are
fixed in it. I'm thinking we may be a way out from that.

So, we have the choice of waiting for all blockers to be resolved before
we do the next compose, which might take a while, or doing a TC2 with
the most critical fixes in. What approach do people think we should
take? Would a TC2 have any value or should we just clean up all the
blockers we know about before we do another build, and make it RC1?

I'm thinking we're likely to slip the Alpha at least a week either way,
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | adamwfedora

More information about the test mailing list