jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 13:47:33 UTC 2011
On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 21:21 -0500, John Watzke wrote:
> Honestly I rather having the extra TC build to weed out any potential
> blocker that could arise during fixing and spinning of the known blockers.
> I've seen that happen in the past and an extra spin can help make sure RC is
> better at the start.
How about we use the blocker meeting to determine progress on the
current set of approved+proposed blockers. The outcome from that
meeting can be a decision to build TC2 for weekend testing, or a
decision to hold out for a later RC1?
I'm afraid your thoughts around the need for a slip are appropriate
given the amount of bugs uncovered and the timing of TC1.
> On Aug 3, 2011 8:12 PM, "Clyde E. Kunkel" <clydekunkel7734 at cox.net> wrote:
> > On 08/03/2011 08:41 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > I thought it'd be a good idea to take a step back and plan a strategy
> > > for post-Alpha TC1.
> > >
> > > We're in trouble for Alpha; we're a long way behind schedule, and we
> > > have a lot of blocker bugs remaining. TC1 is in pretty bad shape.
> > >
> > > By policy, we can't call a build an RC until all known blockers are
> > > fixed in it. I'm thinking we may be a way out from that.
> > >
> > > So, we have the choice of waiting for all blockers to be resolved before
> > > we do the next compose, which might take a while, or doing a TC2 with
> > > the most critical fixes in. What approach do people think we should
> > > take? Would a TC2 have any value or should we just clean up all the
> > > blockers we know about before we do another build, and make it RC1?
> > >
> > > I'm thinking we're likely to slip the Alpha at least a week either way,
> > > unfortunately.
> > I vote for cleaning up as many of the blockers as you can in a week to
> > match the expected week slip. Prioritize them first?
> > I suspect this is vacation time for many, so a longer slip might be in
> > the offing.
> > --
> > Regards,
> > OldFart
> > --
> > test mailing list
> > test at lists.fedoraproject.org
> > To unsubscribe:
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/test
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/attachments/20110804/93144000/attachment.bin
More information about the test