gnome-shell-extensions-alternative-status-menu installed by default?

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 8 11:10:16 UTC 2011

Rahul Sundaram <metherid <at> gmail.com> writes:

> installed by default typically.   From what I hear in the desktop
> summit,  Owen Taylor seems to be interested in providing a power off
> option directly for the next version of GNOME and that should solve this
> particular concern

When you say "next version", do you mean 3.2? The English article

http://www.gnome.org/news/2011/08/gnome-having-fun-at-desktop-summit-2011/

has the following quote:

Owen Taylor talked about GNOME version pi, and in particular the initial
versions of GNOME 3 and what the future holds. He defended decisions such as
hiding the option to power off a computer, saying it is needed to change
behavior, but admitted that there are legitimate use cases for having that
option and that the topic may need to be revisited.

The phrase "may need to be revisited" sounds like he's just beginning to waver.