grub instead of grub2 in F16?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 14:01:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 09:08 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> On 08/09/2011 02:50 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 23:59 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> >> Can grub be passed to the installer to prevent grub2 being used as the
> >> bootloader?
> >
> > no. but you could do package customization, de-select grub2, and select
> > grub. (haven't tested this, but it sounds like it might work!)
>
> Actually, I was looking for a way to *not* use grub2 during F16 install
> as it is failing with an unknown error and you can't boot an F16
> installation without jumping thru a bunch a hoops with a recovery cd.

I'm not sure if this will be configurable in that manner.  The best
option at this time might be to install Fedora 15, while adding the
Fedora 16 branched repos during install.  That might not be exactly what
you want though.

> Would you do package customization during the package selection phase of
> installation?

I checked in with the kind folks in #anaconda ... for fresh Fedora 16
installations, only grub2 will be used.

Thanks,
James