no luck installing alpha "Verne" in vbox

Joshua Andrews woodguy552010 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 15:59:11 UTC 2011

I tried a fresh install and an upgrade from fc15 with the netinstall.iso and it fails at various stages early in the process - nothing was ever written to the hard drive in any attempt and there were several.
I tried preupgrade after finally installing fc15 in order to upgrade it but it fails with "invalid baseurl..." something or other.

Anyway, I assume it is a problem with virtualbox and anaconda not getting along.
I would like to test Verne though so any recommendations or workarounds would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks