grub instead of grub2 in F16?

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 21:39:01 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 7:34 PM, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:
> This might require some experimentation, but if you used the Fedora 15
> installer, you won't have grub2 installed to the MBR, but grub.

Silly me, now that I read it it's pretty obvious it would have failed...

> Do you
> recall what bootloader options you chose during installation?

I did not pay attention so it was the classic "Next, Next" kind of
choice. Guess it tried to install grub in /dev/sda and failed.

> Rescue
> mode may be needed to access your installed system and further debug the
> issue.  The directory /var/log/anaconda/ will have log files of
> interest.

If it's of any value I can surely do that tomorrow and report back
with any data of interest.

Thanks

G.

--