Installing RC3 (or trying)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 02:26:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 09:16 +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Tried to install and failed very quickly after selecting whether it was
> an upgrade or a new install (I picked new install). It asked me for the
> network to be able to save a trace but the "Select reporter" screen has
> no option, and 'configure events' neither. I can only close.

Known bug - it's one of the blockers that should be fixed in RC4.

> Also there is an error message right at the start of the install which
> is systemd[0] service not started - file or directory not found.

Also a known bug; it's superficial, has no practical consequence. It's
not what's causing either of your issues (the crash and the inability to
report it).

> So RC3 didn't install at all for me.
>
> What should I do now?

Wait for RC4, which should fix the inability to report the crash even if
it doesn't fix the crash itself!