no luck installing alpha "Verne" in vbox

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 11 18:03:57 UTC 2011

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes <at> rhrk.uni-kl.de> writes:

> If installing F16/alpha/RC3 in VirtualBox-4.1.0 from the DVD, the
> installation of the packages starts, but VB crashes without any message
> after some (I guess, about 15) packages have been installed.

I tried again and was able to finish a VirtualBox 4.1.0 guest install using the
RC3 x86_64 DVD, using all of vbox's defaults (except putting the .vdi file in
/tmp instead of my home directory). This includes using 768M RAM, which is the
minimum RAM the installer will allow (I thought maybe that was the problem
initially, sometimes not using enough memory can cause the installer to hang).