[Test-Announce] Fedora 16 Alpha Release Candidate 4 (RC4) Available Now!

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:12:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 08:06, Clyde E. Kunkel <clydekunkel7734 at cox.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 21:38 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>>

>>> Still not installable for me.  Bzs 727966 and 723167 apply and both
>>> should be alpha blockers.
>>
>> 727966 requires custom layout, which makes it Final, not Alpha. 723167
>> is supposed to be fixed in RC4; if you think it still applies, add a
>> comment with precise details.
>> <snip>
>
> Custom layout?  What is so custom about /home being on a separae LV so
> you don't have to recreate it each time?  Even not asking it to be
> mounted and just adding / and /boot results in 727966.

It is custom because it isn't the default choices. The alpha test
criteria are default choices. Yes it means that some bugs will become
more expensive, but it also means that you can reach a point of saying
these items have been tested versus everything being a blocker.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren