[Test-Announce] Fedora 16 Alpha Release Candidate 4 (RC4) Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 17:29:41 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 10:06 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 21:38 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> >

> >> Still not installable for me.  Bzs 727966 and 723167 apply and both
> >> should be alpha blockers.
> >
> > 727966 requires custom layout, which makes it Final, not Alpha. 723167
> > is supposed to be fixed in RC4; if you think it still applies, add a
> > comment with precise details.
> > <snip>
>
> Custom layout?  What is so custom about /home being on a separae LV so
> you don't have to recreate it each time?  Even not asking it to be
> mounted and just adding / and /boot results in 727966.

The Alpha criteria require only the 'use all space', 'use free space'
and 'reuse existing Linux partitions' options to work. _Anything_ which
involves using the custom partitioning screen in any way is outside
Alpha scope. See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_16_Alpha_Release_Criteria, #11 (at
time of writing).

> As for more details, the bzs stand on their own with all of the details
> already in them.  No developer/maintainer has asked for more details in
> them.

As I wrote, as far as the developers are concerned, 723167 is fixed in
RC4: you can see that quite easily from the bug report. So they're
probably going to need more details, if you claim that it is not fixed.