F16 alpha rc4 hangs at grub boot - BZ# 730124

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Tue Aug 16 19:14:10 UTC 2011

On 08/16/2011 01:16 PM, Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> I've just tried F16 alpha rc4. Installation went without a hitch but
> unfortunately the system still hangs when grub tries to boot. BZ#
> 730124.
>
> Any pointer how to get past this would be appreciated.
>
> Jurgen

If you have another installation you can boot then create a grub entry
in that grub.conf for the F16 distro, boot that and then, as root:

grub2-install --force /dev/<your /boot partition device>

If you don't have another bootable distro, boot the DVD and use rescue
mode and the chroot option and then do the grub2-install

--
Regards,
OldFart