Kickstart and grub2

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 05:48:51 UTC 2011

On 08/16/2011 11:25 PM, Tom H wrote:
> Are there any new grub2-related kickstart settings for the bootloader
> line in kickstart?

VGA= is not a kickstart setting it's an kernel command line parameter
and with grub2 you need to use "set gfxpayload=$your-desired-resolution"
instead.

You can find the available kickstart settings on the ( extremely well )
documented kickstart page [1] from the Anaconda team...

> For example, I installed F16 through kickstart yesterday with
> "vga=794", which adds it to the "linux ..." line. I get correct
> resolution but I also get a boot message that using "vga=..." is
> deprecated and that gfxpayload should be used.

"vga=794" would be "set gfxmode=1280x1024x16||,1280x1024" and you will
need to add something like the below to the grub2 config file

set gfxmode=$your-desired-resolution
set gfxpayload=keep
insmod gfxterm
insmod vbe