f16 installer message

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Aug 18 00:17:59 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 03:31:11PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 01:55 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > On 08/18/2011 01:36 AM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > > This will, hopefully, be documented.
> > >

> > > Thanks for proving a point I made on the forums.  I mentioned that I
> > > found the message to be somewhat obscure.
> >
> > File a bug report.   The message needs to be expanded to provide the
> > details.
>
> well, it's sort of an issue of how many details you need. If you're
> doing custom partitioning you should ideally have some sort of idea
> about partition tables (disk labels) and so forth. I'm not sure anaconda
> is the right place for an essay on GPT; DuckDuckGoing it is easy enough.

I am going to disagree there--a bunch of people that one sees on the
forums are less experienced, the sort that dual, triple and quadruple
boot to try out new distros.

Also, as Rahul says in the later email, , it's not the sort of thing you
should have to figure out in the midst of an installation.

A simple one liner is probably fine.  You have not created a BIOS
partition.   The system will not boot unless you have one.

Hrrm, maybe two lines.  (Flashback to Spanish Inquisition skit)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: I did a couple of slayers in my time. I don't like to
brag. Who am I kidding? I love to brag. One time, during the
Boxer Rebellion...