Evolution on F16

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Thu Aug 18 17:18:43 UTC 2011

F16 Alpha RC5 installed, with KDE desktop and
evolution-3.1.5-1.fc16.x86_64 and noticed couple different things.

1 - When clicking on the menus up top, such as File, Edit, etc.., the
color of the menu itself is extremely white (or bright) color that you
can hardly see it.  The submenus (words) that are available in bold can
be seen fine, but hardly see the ones that are greyed out.

http://www.miketc.net/f16/menu.png

2 - Did a restore from backup from an evolution in F15, and it seems
some of the things got reset back to default instead of how it was
setup.  Such as the widths of the fields (From, Subject, Date) were
changed from what I had setup before.  Also it looks like the columns
that I had removed when it was backedup, now appear again, such as the
Flagged column (other was the one with the email icon on it).  I can
remove them and they stay gone.

http://www.miketc.net/f16/column.png

3 - Also if I go to view/window/contacts I can see my contacts, but if I
compose an email and click on the To button to pick, they don't appear
at all.  I can click in the search field and type a letter and some will
appear, but soon as remove the letter, back to blank.

http://www.miketc.net/f16/contacts.png

No bugs filed yet, seeing if already known or filed already if they are
bugs.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY