Kickstart and grub2

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:23:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Chris Lumens <clumens at redhat.com> wrote:

>> Are there any new grub2-related kickstart settings for the bootloader
>> line in kickstart?
>
> No, there have been no changes to the bootloader command for grub2.
> Should there be?

Using "vga=..." throws up a warning at boot that it's deprecated.

I've been using grub2 for almost two years and I've only now realized
(hopefully correctly!) that it's grub not the kernel that's
deprecating "vga=...". So it's not necessarily an issue.

As for other grub2 settings, I was dreaming in full iMax mode that
kickstart might allow us to tweak some of the other grub2 settings. No
big deal.