F16: No complete gnome3 desktop after logging in (gdm problem?)

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Fri Aug 19 09:00:42 UTC 2011

Somebody sees these F16 issues too?

After having booted into F16 and logging in into a gnome3(gnome-shell)
session, the desktop remains uncomplete: No gnome-shell title bar
(missing the activities button,...). There is only one workaround:
Logging in on a tty as root and kill gdm manually. After this if
re-logging in with the gdm prompt , the desktop is properly opened.

Addionally, there is a very long delay on the gdm window between
entering the password and getting the complete gnome-shell desktop
environment (about 10-15 secs). (I remember that I saw this phenomenon
too in the very first F15 days).

Kind regards

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>