F16 Update Kernels fail to boot

Andy Lawrence dr.diesel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 21:01:18 UTC 2011

So far all update kernels on F16 (installed from F16rc5) have failed to
boot.  The installation DVD kernel 3.0.0-1.fc16.x86_64 is the only one that
boots.  I've attempted to boot with these with no luck:

kernel-3.0.0-1.fc16.x86_64
kernel-3.0.1-3.fc16.x86_64

I removed quiet from the boot string and get no output for either kernel
except this in yellow letters in the top left of the screen:

Trying to allocate 1059 pages for VMLINUZ
Got pages at 0x02826000
[Linux-EFI, setup=0x10b9, size 0x422b90]

I haven't filed a bug report yet, hate to file one that simply says its
broke!  Anything else I can do to provide any output or help?

This is a Sandybridge, UEFI, SDD box.

Thanks
Andy