Release criteria: kickstart

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 21:13:39 UTC 2011

Hey, folks. So, another criteria discussion. It came up during Alpha
that we're grievously lacking criteria to ensure kickstart installs
work. So, we should kick that around a bit, I guess...

kickstart is a very broad area; you can write extremely complex
kickstart files that do a lot of stuff. So broadly what we'd need to do
is define a subset of kickstart functionality that we expect to work,
and then possibly divide that up by release phase (so some stuff must
work by Beta, the rest by Final, for e.g.)

anaconda devs following this list, do you have any existing expectations
as to what level of kickstart functionality ought to be in place for
releases, and when you think would be appropriate?

So far it seems everyone more or less agrees that it should be possible
to do at least a basic unattended kickstart install by Beta.