F16 - why yum distro-sync wants to downgrade ?

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 17:15:17 UTC 2011

seth vidal <skvidal <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:

> On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 09:24 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 06:40 +0000, JB wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > could you please interpret what is happening here - why the downgrades ?
> > >
> > > $ cat /etc/fedora-release
> > > Fedora release 16 (Verne)
> > >
> > > $ yum repolist enabled
> > > repo id                   repo name                             status
> > > adobe-linux-i386          Adobe Systems Incorporated                18
> > > fedora                    Fedora 16 - i386                      19,714
> > > updates-testing           Fedora 16 - i386 - Test Updates        2,596
> > > repolist: 22,328
> >

> > Is it safe to assume you were on rawhide?
> >
> > If so - then you are ahead of f16 final.
>
> Sorry -not final, alpha.
>
> -sv

I did upgrade from F15 to F16 last week (well prior to F16 alpha) with:
# yum --releasever=16 --disableplugin=presto distro-sync --nogpgcheck

Since then I have been doing daily updates with yumex on fedora and
updates-testing repos (as shown above).

Then F16 alpha was announced on Tuesday.
I tried this entry today, on Wednesday, even right now, with those downgrade
results (as shown above):
# yum distro-sync

So, am I still ahead of F16 alpha from the point of view of 'yum distro-sync',
but not from the point of view of yumex daily updates done on fedora and
updates-testing ?
If so:
- should it be so (discovered a problem in 'yum distro-sync') ?
- how can I fix this dichotomy ?

JB