persistent gnome dep problems (F16 alpha rc3-5, alpha), --skip-broken wants to haul in 32-bit libs

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Aug 24 22:21:07 UTC 2011

Adam Williamson wrote:
> more or less, each package added to the update exponentially increases
> the likelihood of false negative karma from someone whose local mirror
> doesn't have one of the packages, or who hit a really tiny bug which
> shouldn't be a case for a -1.

The first part sounds like a mirror problem that bodhi could never
solve. If a mirror doesn't have all of the RPM files how could the yum
repo data it provides possibly be valid? How could bodhi solve this? It
can't.

The second part leaves me scratching my head. Minor dependencies should
be just as important as large ones. If it is a dependency it needs to be
linked and if it introduces bugs it should be important to fix them.