Adding Fedora15 to F16alpha grub2 menu

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 18:52:18 UTC 2011

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:15:56 -0600
Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

> How are you supposed to tell grub2 to look into the /boot directory
> for the kernel and initram?

OK, to inject my own ignorance into this thread:

As far as I know, the paths you tell grub should be
relative to whatever the heck (hdX,Y) refers to
in the disk spec.

So if, for example, (hd0,0) is the grub name for
a dedicated /boot partition, then the file names
you use would be relative to /boot (just say /initramfs...)

On the othr hand if (hd0,2) is the grub name for
the "/" root partition, and boot is merely a subdirectory
under root, then you say /boot/initramfs...