Adding Fedora15 to F16alpha grub2 menu {solved}

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Aug 25 22:54:26 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 03:16:25PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 12:21 -0600, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> > Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> >

> did you run 'update_grub'? it seems to be needed after changing grub2
> config. just like lilo! ahh, the good old days.

You mean the command detailed in the Ubuntu docs that doesn't seem to
exist in F16?   Someone better get on the Fedora QA guys about
that...oh...wait....   :)

Hopefully, soon Fedora will have its own docs, detailing the
differences.  Unless a change is made, an F16 64 bit on a VM
installed today does not have an update-grub, (by any name, such as
update_grub, update-grub2, or whatever.)

No, Petrus had the command correctly, grub2-mkconfig -o
/boot/grub/grub.cfg  (And Petrus, thanks for the tip about making a
custom.cfg, which does, as you pointed out, avoid the need to run a
command.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Kendra: I call it Mr. Pointy.
Buffy: You named your stake?
Kendra: Yes.
Buffy: Remind me to get you a stuffed animal.