Adding Fedora15 to F16alpha grub2 menu

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Fri Aug 26 11:49:18 UTC 2011

On 08/26/2011 02:42 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:

> In the long term, yeah, btrfs will have support for everything that
> makes LVM (and soft RAID, in fact) interesting. Probably be F18 before
> we really stop using LVM and RAID separately from the filesystem by
> default, though (that's just a WAG).

   Could be quite long - btfrs wont replace RAID until RAID-5 is
supported - which seems to be a long ways off best I can tell -- every
time I ask the question it seems to be waiting for much the same work to
be done  ... presumably it will get there, but I would be pleasantly
surprised if its less than a year away ...