F16 Grub2 not including windows

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 15:59:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.net> wrote:

> Up until F16 (and it *might* have done it once during the early alpha
> testing stages), windows has been detected and included in grub during
> install.  But the last few installs haven't included it and not included
> on my current install.
>
> No parititioning changes have taken place, no hardrives have been
> changed/moved, nothing has been changed.  So if windows is on (or what
> it normally is called) /dev/sda then how I do add my Windows 7 to grub2?

os-prober isn't installed by default and it's the grub2-related app
that probes other disks and partitions for other OSs.

Once you install it, before over-writing "/boot/grub2/grub.cfg",
either run "grub-mkconfig" and check the stdout output or (for
example) "grub2-mkconfig -o /root/grubtest.cfg". If you're happy with
the result, run "grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg" to update
your grub boot menu.