Adding Fedora15 to F16alpha grub2 menu {solved}

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Aug 26 16:01:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 09:33:59AM -0400, Tom H wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:47:18PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >>
> >> In my defence, I don't run Ubuntu or anything evil like that. I just
> >> cargo-cult things I vaguely remember from Google searches. That's much
> >> better, right?
> >
> > We'd forgive you.
> >
> > Documentation is still, surprisingly sparse, save for Ubuntu, Gentoo,
> > and Arch.
>
> I saved these a while ago and haven't visited them in over a year so
> they might not be current or even live (I've just deleted the "engrub"
> url) but here goes:

I now have my own, very small page, which is Fedora centric at
present...

http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/grub2.html

So far, it only covers editing /etc/default/grub.d, 40_custom and using
custom.cfg.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: You won. Alright?  You came in and you killed them,
and you took their land.  That's what conquering nations do.  It's
what Caeser did, and he's not going around saying I came, I conquered,
I felt really bad about it.