Release criteria: kickstart

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 23:42:30 UTC 2011

> I propose that to get something in place now we go minimal, and just
> implement what there was consensus on: smooge's suggested criterion -
>
> "Does it take a minimal kickstart and build a default system. The
> minimal being the exact stuff that would be created if a person just
> clicked through a release."
>
> as a Beta criterion. i.e. if you take /root/anaconda-ks.cfg from a
> click-through install and pass it to anaconda, it should successfully
> install. (Maybe with the small wrinkle that you uncomment the
> partitioning stuff, so it becomes a true unattended kickstart).
>
> We can then elaborate the criteria from there based on 'case law', i.e.,
> we can evaluate actual kickstart bugs as they're proposed as blockers
> and propose criteria based on the results of those discussions. How does
> that sound?

Here's a specific wording proposal - proposing we add this as a Beta
criterion, starting with F16 Beta:

"The installer must be able to successfully complete a scripted
installation, using the installer's preferred scripting system, which
duplicates the default interactive installation as closely as possible".

sound good? patches? alternative proposals? thanks!
http://www.happyassassin.net