Strange behaviour in Disk Druid

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 8 13:31:39 UTC 2011

This is a FC16 x86_64 install, but perhaps it is also in the current
development and you might want to look into this...

This is my first FC16 install and I had skipped FC15. (that is my prior
experiences are with FC14)

I like to override the default LVM setup with my own preferences, so
with past installs I have delete the LVM group that would result in the
LVM partition being returned to the free space list for my to then use
for reallocation.

The FC16 Disk Druid dropped all that freed up space into the EFI
partition (I don't have that screen in front of me right now for the
details and this EFI partition is new to me, that is was not in FC14
installs) instead of into free space.

I had to back out of the disk customization and retry, this time noting
the amount of disk allocated to this EFI partition so that as I used up
disk for my own preferences, it ended back where it started.

Just kind of strange and not how I thought it should go.  When I freed
up the LVM partition I would have thought it would go to free space.

I don't expect this to be fixed in the FC16 install; I have encountered
in the past that what is in a CD/DVD stays there and you just work with
it unless you want to build your own (which I had to do with FC11 for
some hardware I had).  Just hoping this will be addressed for FC17 for
my next go around!

Thank you.