[Fedora QA] #259: Review Fedora 17 feature list and co-ordinate with owners of significant features to create test plans

Fedora QA trac at fedorahosted.org
Tue Dec 13 03:53:36 UTC 2011

#259: Review Fedora 17 feature list and co-ordinate with owners of significant
features to create test plans
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  adamwill  |       Owner:  twu
      Type:  task      |      Status:  new
 Component:  Wiki      |     Version:
Resolution:            |    Keywords:
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by adamwill):

 Tao, I know this is a big ticket, so please feel free to ask for any help
 if you need it. I've CCed Hongqing, with the intention that you can work
 on this ticket together.

 The workflow I'd expect here is for you to look through the full accepted
 feature list, identify any features that look like they might be
 particularly needing of QA, and contact the feature owners. The goal is to
 make sure we get the features landed in plenty of time and ideally we test
 them out as early as possible, so there aren't big surprises when we hit
 Alpha and Beta validation.

 Just as a quick start, the kinds of features I'd expect to be a really
 high priority are:

  * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F17BtrfsDefaultFs - btrfs by
 default
  * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsrMove - move stuff to /usr

 I don't think all proposed features have yet been reviewed, so keep an eye
 on FESCo meetings for more approved features.

 Obviously the anaconda UI rewrite is another big one, though it doesn't
 actually seem to have been formally accepted as a feature yet.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/259#comment:2>
Fedora QA <http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa>