test signed checksum files and torrents the same way ISOs are tested now?

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 21 19:26:44 UTC 2011

John Dulaney <j_dulaney <at> live.com> writes:

> It sounds sane to me.  The only question is, can we do a test download of the
.torrent somehow.

If you already have the contents of the torrent (ISO and signed checksum file)
and the .torrent file, you can use a standard BitTorrent client such as
transmission to verify the contents without having to download. The ISO was
already available by direct download as an RC, and the signed checksum file
would also be available this way after step 1).