non-GUI boot vc screen litter

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at
Tue Feb 1 07:56:21 UTC 2011

On 02/01/2011 07:25 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
> Fresh yum upgrade from previous yum upgrade about 4 weeks ago, which was
> originally an F13 Rawhide upgraded to F13 final upgraded to F14 Rawhide
> upgraded to F14 final upgraded to F15 Rawhide.

Uhum well yes this probably is an Systemd upgrade problem I'm pretty
sure we got a bunch of those lurking around.

If I can recall correctly we dont *officially* support "yum upgrade"
only preupgrade and Anaconda upgrade and we only test for if the actual
upgrade tool works not various upgrade scenarios and I personally fell
that whomever was *smart* enough to open up that pandora's box and
approve "official" upgrade paths in the first place should be the ones
that write all the test cases to cover that support..

I always recommend users to keep their /home partition separate and do
fresh installs each release cycle or every other release cycle depending
on their use case scenario.

My advice to you do a clean install for F15 or later..

>> >  If this is an upgrade could you try with latest nightly compose from alt
>> >  to rule out any potential upgrade issue.

Download the iso there for your platform burn the livecd or stuff it on
a usb flash drive and boot from it.

If you experience the same problem it's not and upgrade issue if you
dont it is...