random idea: QA group identi.ca account

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 21:00:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 20:50 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

>  From my perspective I think marketing team should handle all frontier
> stuff ( or a single person ) from us and we just deliver content to that
> team ( or that person ) and they put it into people speak and sprinkle
> some of that marketing dust over it.

my thought there is that some people may want to get news from some
fedora teams but not all. We could just have a central fedora microblog
account (maybe we already do, I don't know), but it would have to only
post really big news from any particular team, or else it'd just be too
much and people would be overwhelmed with things they don't care about.
A team specific account would let us post slightly smaller news and be
confident it was going out to people who were interested. same reason we
don't just have one big Fedora mailing list :)

> I dont think getting the whole QA community to tweet post on identica fb
> and what not is a great idea.
>
> Oh btw arent you supposed to be our public relation aka front man ;)

well sure, but I'm trying to solve the 'bus' issue here - I could just
set up an account which only I had access to and say 'hey, here it is'
but that's not very community-friendly and doesn't work well if I get
run over by a bus tomorrow :)