nightly-compose install attempt 20110205

Bruno Wolff III bruno at
Sun Feb 6 20:28:32 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 22:15:58 -0500,
  Gregory Woodbury <redwolfe at> wrote:
> Downloaded the fresh nightly desktop compose for 2011.02.05 (x86_64) to
> install to a virtual machine.
> gdm-greeter goes into an infinite loop of fail/restart never allowing a
> login

I have seen this with recent live images, but not on the machines I am running
rawhide full time. I haven't filed a bug yet. I don't know why it works some
places and not others.

> attempting "install to hard drive" results in a "not a live image" error.

The following bugzilla is for that bug:

I spent some time this weekend trying to figure this one out, but didn't get
very far.