Proventester request - xulrunner, firefox, gjs bugfix update

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 20:17:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 15:05 -0500, James Laska wrote:
> Greetings testers,
>
> Just passing along a test request from Chris Aillon regarding a brand
> new xulrunner+firefox F15 updates-testing request.
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/xulrunner-2.0-0.21.b11.fc15,firefox-4.0-0.16.b11.fc15,gjs-0.7.10-4.fc15
>
> The F15 Branched repodata is still being created and synced to mirrors.
> Once completed, you can download and test the proposed packages from a
> F15 system by typing:
>
>         # yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update firefox xulrunner
>
> Note, if you installed TC1, or rawhide, you'll need to have the Fedora
> 15 fedora-release package installed
> (http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=227969).
>
> If the requested update is not available on a mirror near you, the
> latest packages can be downloaded and installed directly from koji using
> the following commands:
>
>         # for UPDATE in firefox xulrunner ; do koji download-build
>         --arch $(uname -i) --arch noarch --latestfrom
>         dist-f15-updates-candidate $UPDATE ; done
>         # yum update *.rpm
>
> The main focus for this update is to address updated %requires, similar
> to those noted in the gjs changelog [1].  Several basic test case
> suggestions are available on the wiki at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Package_firefox_test_cases.

Hum

Is not an unnecessary burden turning on proventester requirement while
in "Development mode" let alone while we are still in alpha...

Is it not better to turn proventesters requirments on when we start
composing RC and allow maintainers to push straight to updates until
then ( or some middle path here ) chooses they do to so?

JBG