effect of xz compression change on deltaiso users

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 14 15:03:20 UTC 2011

Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hmm... In that case I may just install a F14 virtual machine and leave
> it modified just for this purpose. Not worried about efficiency, I'll
> just leave it going in the background.

It's possible to take a shortcut by leaving the Koji xz packages installed, and
switch between old and new compression by updating/downgrading just the deltarpm
packages. It would mean keeping Rawhide packages installed and not getting
possible F14 xz updates, but it would work. Personally I prefer to undo the
entire modification, though.