[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Alpha TC2 Available Now!

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Feb 15 13:36:20 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 00:07 -0600, John Watzke wrote:
>    Quick question: When installing from the i386 DVD, I noticed that
> the installed skipped the first part of anaconda where the blue/red
> screen comes up and offers to check the install media.  The installer
> just skipped to the graphical install.

Good-bye install.img, hello initrd.img!

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Features/UnifiedInitrd

The installer no longer needs to locate where install.img is (network,
DVD, HD).  The content previously included in the stage#2 install.img
file, is now included in the initrd.img.  There is some discussion (and
I believe a bug report) on whether or not to prompt for mediacheck.  The
only prompt for external resources will be the yum repository screen.
Here you can supply additional package repositories (local + remote).

Thanks,
James