[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Alpha TC2 Available Now!

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 15 17:40:49 UTC 2011

On 2011/02/15 08:36 (GMT-0500) James Laska composed:

> Good-bye install.img, hello initrd.img!

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Features/UnifiedInitrd

> The installer no longer needs to locate where install.img is (network,
> DVD, HD).  The content previously included in the stage#2 install.img
> file, is now included in the initrd.img.

And goodbye to my to my customary installation method of loading installation
kernel and initrd from my many little 200M /boot partitions that don't have
room for being made larger. Good thing the two files needn't be located the
same place, but it makes keeping track of where they are more complex. I
guess I can use home's root or give home's root an install dir, and put even
kernel there too. Or, maybe on my user/local partition. Or, on a FAT or NTFS
partition?!?!?
--
"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver." Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/