[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Alpha TC2 Available Now!

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 14:17:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 08:07:18 -0500, James wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 12:35 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:34:43 -0500, Andre wrote:
> >
> > > Fedora 15 Alpha TC2 is now available [1].  Please refer to the following
> > > pages for download links and testing instructions.
> > >
> > > Installation:
> > >
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
> >
> > The x86_64 DVD.iso still segfaults for "askmethod" installation from
> > harddisk.
> >
> > Just as with the image for the GNOME test day, I'm unable to install
> > this. Booting the vmlinuz/initrd.img from the isolinux enters text mode
> > and wants to start installation from network. Using askmethod and pointing
> > it at /dev/sda6 path /15/64 crashes.
>
> Is there a bug filed for this segfault?

No. I won't file a bug for something that is either not supported in the
test images or known to be broken. When I brought this up for the GNOME
test day images, it was said that the images were never meant to be used
as install images and that most testers would use them for creating live
media.

The linked Wiki pages are like a maze where I go in circles trying to
find info about how the DVD ISO image may be used.

> Also, it's possible you don't need to boot with askmethod.  Can you
> explain in some detail your use case that needs 'askmethod'?

Without askmethod I'm not asked whether to perform an install from harddisk.
Instead, the installer asks me to select the network card which to use.
With the GNOME test day image, it actually proceeded to downloading all
packages from the network.