[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Alpha TC2 Available Now!

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:32:28 UTC 2011

2011/2/16 Chuck Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 07:32:07AM +0100, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
>> 2011/2/16 Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>:
>> > That is a, ahem, policy decision.
>>
>> What? 8-| What's next? Shutdown option?
>
> <sarcasm>
> Excellent idea.  Who needs to shutdown when you can just
> suspend/hibernate?
> </sarcasm>

Going forward Gnome developers can remove hibernate. If you can
suspend, you don't
need hibernate :) You don't even need suspend - Gnome 3 is so cool
that users don't
want to shutdown their computers :)

>From my POV removing "restart" option because people uses it to
restart to Windows is
one of the stupidest ideas in the universe :)

> Actually though, I highly recommend reading the GNOME 3 Design
> documents before accusing the GNOME team of not doing their homework.

Sorry, but I do not have time for it. Gnome developers can do whatever
they like with
their software. But they should expect that it will meet with critical
reactions from users.

Restart option was in Gnome menu since I can remember - and I remember
the times of RH 6.0 - not RHEL 6.0 :).

> http://gnome3.org/
> http://gnome3.org/faq.html
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/FAQ