[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Alpha TC2 Available Now!

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:45:30 UTC 2011

On 02/16/2011 02:26 PM, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 07:32:07AM +0100, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
>> 2011/2/16 Adam Williamson<awilliam at redhat.com>:
>>> That is a, ahem, policy decision.
>> What? 8-| What's next? Shutdown option?
> <sarcasm>
> Excellent idea.  Who needs to shutdown when you can just
> suspend/hibernate?
> </sarcasm>
>
> Actually though, I highly recommend reading the GNOME 3 Design
> documents before accusing the GNOME team of not doing their homework.
>
> http://gnome3.org/
> http://gnome3.org/faq.html
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/FAQ
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design

I think it would be more meaningful to provide links to their actual
usability study/research then a links to their design/mockups and FAQ
for novice end users.

I think people on this list are more wanting to understand why they are
making those changing and less how they are making those changes.

As you can see the most criticism against the Gnome UI Design is removal
of existing "features/usage" not about the look and feel about the
design and usability of Gnome-shell ( all thou I've come across 1 really
annoying usability issue which may or may not be a bug ).

Now I should point out that the reboot button has had a tendency to
"disappear" early in the development cycle ( has occured for few cycles
now ) and usually at the same/similar time the keyboard layout settings
starts to default to US only then reboot button reappears and keyboard
layout settings work again...

JBG