[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Alpha TC2 Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 16:45:15 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 17:23 +0100, Christoph Frieben wrote:
> 2011/2/16 Chuck Anderson:
> > Excellent idea.  Who needs to shutdown when you can just suspend/hibernate?
>
> Actually, you can **not** suspend: item "Suspend.." merely opens a
> "Shutdown" dialog. ~C

You can suspend by shutting the lid of your laptop, or by using the
suspend key. The case of desktops with no suspend key and no lid wasn't
sufficiently considered. This is another one that's under discussion, I
can't find the bug, but the suspend option may come back. I think
they're re-re-considering the whole 'shutdown management' design now.