gnome-applets and rawhide updates

Bruno GARDIN bgardin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 12:11:26 UTC 2011

I got also the same things. To clean that what I did is:
yum update > file   in the file you have all the duplcated package names
then I ftped file to my running host (my rawhide is a virtual guest).
With an editor a create as many 'rpm -e package-name' as needed, ftped
back to rawhide and runned it.

It cleaned all the duplcates.

regards.

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18 February 2011 04:47, Jon Masters <jonathan at jonmasters.org> wrote:
>> FWIW, I have a rawhide box that is near totally hosed at the moment. Yum
>> is reporting many duplicate packages, etc. even though I've run the
>> de-duping package-cleanup (which reports that there are none, though yum
>> itself complains on every operation that there are many dozens). I've
>> been manually removing and re-installing packages to the point where I
>> think a fresh install might be the only way forward.
>
> If it's helpful, I've got exactly the same symptoms. Maybe an
> additional datapoint.
>
> Richard.
> --

Bruno Gardin