Network control

A.J. Werkman AJ.Werkman at digifarma.nl
Tue Feb 22 14:25:41 UTC 2011

Before F15 I could shutdown NetworkManager with
'/etc/rc.d/init.d/NetworManager stop' and start networking without
NetworkManager with '/etc/rc.d/init.d/network start'.

If I try this in F15 it looks like the network script start
NetworkManager. Is this supposed to happen? If so will there remain a
way to start networking without NetworkManager. In a lot of server
solutions I consider NetworkManager to autonomous, going it's own way
and not doing things the way I want them to happen.

Koos.