Clumsy Favorites in GNOME Shell

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Fri Feb 25 13:07:19 UTC 2011

I think the assumption is that if you already have the application open, you
can open another window easily within the application itself so it makes
more sense to put the open command in the shell on the right-click menu.

This is consistent with the Windows 7 behavior, which I find quite intuitive
and easy to use.

I think the problem is that you're using a 20th-century terminal emulator in
a 21st-century shell. :-) Try gnome-terminal, in which you can open a new
terminal from an existing one easily with ctrl-shift-n.

  jik