Clumsy Favorites in GNOME Shell

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 13:09:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> In GNOME Shell, I've added a couple of apps to the "Favorites".
>
> Now, to start a first "xterm", I can single-click its icon in the list of
> Favorites.
>
> To start another one, I need to right-click the icon to open a context
> menu in order to start another xterm. A left-click only asks me whether
> I want to remove the item from the Favorites.
>
> This is confusing me. Why isn't it the opposite? Right-click to open a
> context menu for removing the item from the favourites, and single click
> to _always_ start the app?

Well currently it should work like this:

1) When you click on it it will either start the app or switch to it's
most recent window when running
2) Click and hold or right click opens the context menu (Add/Remove to
Favorites, New Window)
3) You can open a new window by holding down ctrl and clicking on it
or by dragging it on a workspace