gnome-shell???

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Feb 26 18:50:17 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 09:54:50 -0800,
  Rob Healey <robhealey1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I must ask again, please, is fc15 updates-testing gnome*2.91.90* or rawhide/
> fc16 stable enough with gnome-shell to update to either one???

Maybe. gdm just got a widget that allows picking a desktop. F15 RC2 was just
built and is expected to pass validation for the alpha release. So things
are in reasonable shape.

I wouldn't recommend using rawhide, F15 should be settling down now and
it is less likely new breakage will be introduced than with rawhide.

> I would also like to know at the Gnome login screen, where can I choose to
> select a different windows manager, such as KDE LXDE, or icewm???  I know
> that in the far upper right, I can select logout, restart, shut down...

I believe it is the lower left now. I think that option has been there about
a week.