FC15 hang at Create User screen

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Sun Feb 27 01:14:44 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Larry Vaden <vaden at texoma.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Larry Vaden <vaden at texoma.net> wrote:
>> When entering password, chosen password did not result in good rating
>> (vs. it does in FC14).
>>
>> Entered two additional characters which resulted in "purple Very strong."
>>
>> Chose to hit backspace to make sure I knew what was in the field.
>> System hung.  Mouse moves as expected but neither mouse clicks nor
>> keyboard entries are accepted and processed.
>>
>> In case it matters, "Add to Administrators (sic) group" was checked.
>
> Addendum:
>
> While the keyboard was non-functional per the immediately prior post,
> it did respond to either ctrl-alt-f2 or ctrl-alt-f3 (lab notes don't
> reveal which one), so the machine was restarted semi-gracefully
> without loss of data and it returned to the expected place in the
> install sequence.

Addendum 2:

When the Create User screen had been completed (wth a purple Very
strong password), when logging in, the login screen showed only Other;
 when the Other option was selected, credentials were not accepted for
the user associated with the just prior Create User screen nor would
it accept the credentials for root.

regards/vaden at texoma.net