Applets

Andy Lawrence dr.diesel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 01:55:12 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Jason D. Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com>wrote:

> It will be considered "ready" without widgets.

Without widgets, firewall control, vino, any method for user groups/control,
selinux menu, ability to reboot, menu system missing "programming", no
desktop.  This is just what came to mind in 10 seconds.  Just about anything
that can be used to customize is gonzo.

As an RHEL admin I don't think my only option of "Suspend" is a good choice
for my quad 4-core stack of servers.

I wish the Gnome group well; but my servers, desktops and laptops are not
tablets.  I really hate to think that will happen if this stuff ends up in
RHEL7.