Applets

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Feb 28 01:57:17 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 19:22 -0600, Jason D. Clinton wrote:

> Patches welcome. Alternatively, you could pay someone to write it who
> already isn't spending every spare, waking moment working on getting
> GNOME 3 ready. Your email isn't particularly helpful though.

I don't care how hard they are working on it.  Never said the developers
weren't doign a good job.  I complimented on it was lot better since F14
was being developed.  But does NOT mean I have to agree bout pushing it
out the door without some of the bells and whistles to go along with it,
as well as other things that seem to be missing, such as how to
configure firewalls, selinux, configure other things.

If you can't take a criticism, go find something else to do.  This is
part of testing, and why comments/bugs/whatever should be welcomed.  Do
everything possible to fix it.  And if someone thinks something may not
be ready or not done correct, then they are allowed to express that
concern.  Maybe it's not warranted, and maybe have no clue what they are
talking bout, but at least they are trying to help make it better.  If
something is bad, wrong, or whatever, damn sure not gonna blow smoke up
someone's butt just to make them happy.  I don't care how long they been
working on it.

We'll see how ready it is when gold time comes around and what others
are saying bout it.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY