gnome-shell???

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Feb 28 16:01:46 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 07:32 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> Just to be clear: that update was created and filed _before alpha_. And
> a11y has been broken before and after.
>
> Is the state of a11y sad ? Certainly.
> Does that mean we should not accept any desktop updates until it is
> fixed ? Probably not.
>
> >From my perspective, the root problem is that a11y was turned on by
> default after the gsettings conversion, which it really should not have
> been, considering its broken state. We have meanwhile corrected that
> upstream, and I can offer to pull that change into
> gsettings-desktop-schemas right away.

Here's the thing, though - my desktop hasn't been broken the whole time.
It was working fine, preumabl until I ran an update yesterday, at which
point I had to remove at-spi2-core to make it start working again. Is
this down to 'the gsettings conversion'? Or perhaps at-spi2-core
actually got pulled in as a dep during the update, now I come to think
of it? I'll have to check that.