cannot boot beyond runlevel 1

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 1 20:12:01 UTC 2011

http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/boot.log-f15r-t2240.txt
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/dmesg-f15r-t2240.txt
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/messages-f15r-t2240.txt

Can anyone tell me from those logs why booting into any runlevel beyond 1
simply stops, with no keyboard response possible at all, or in some cases
only CAD works?

I tried a dist upgrade from F14 yesterday, and it hasn't booted completely
into other than runlevel 1 since. CPU is P4celeron at 2.4G on i845G, and X
doesn't start successfully if I attempt booting directly to runlevel 5.
--
"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver." Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/